Sunday, August 12, 2007

Paris, C'est La Pluie...

I arrived in Paris today and have already been delighted with a brief torrential rain storm that took me somewhat by surprise while I was taking a walk through the Trocadero. I was deep in jet lag mode this afternoon and the commentator on TV only encouraged my heavy eyelids to droop further down. In preparation for my overseas trip, I had learned that fresh air and outdoor activity is a great remedy for jet lag, and indeed it is. So I wasn't upset by the unexpected rain fall at all. I quickly found some protection near the Musee de la Marine, underneath a round concrete kiosk-looking sitting area. Although the area smelt strongly of urine, I was fortunate to not get soaked like many of the frantic passerbys looking to escape the rain. For me, I had the time to sit down and enjoy it.

Once the rain died down, I was reminded why rainfalls are so beautiful. I walked back up to the Trocadero and saw the most breathtaking portrait. Fresh and clean, the landscape was painted with a wide arching rainbow stretching graciously from somewhere beyond the Musee de L'Homme to the Eiffel Tower. Needless to say, my eyes aren't drooping anymore. Welcome to Paris.

3 comments:

antonia said...

by the time you're going to arrive in berlin, you'll be as sick of the rain as all of us europeans... count your blessings that i've got this beautiful giant TARGET - umbrella ;)

Naz said...

Antonia! I'm going to check out the train schedule. I can't wait to visit. Do you recommend any day trips from Berlin? I'll give you a call this weekend.

!Naz

antonia said...

well, there's sanssouci in potsdam. and you can take the bus for a day trip to hamburg for a total of 18Euro. give me a call or email me your plans. can't wait to see you :)