Saturday, February 9, 2008

Jose Made in Spain

So I'm back home from a three-day stint working for the American Bar Association (ABA) in the Divison of Policy Adminstration during their mid-year meeting here in Los Angeles. The ABA has one of its main offices in Chicago which is where the policy office is located. I spent a few days with some of the nicest people, further convicing me that I need to go back to Chicago since the last time I was in Chi-town, there were cows on parade - a fantastically whimiscal public art exhibition throughout the city - about 10 years ago.

Now that I'm home, I'm also convinced that I need to make my inaugural trip to Spain. I just caught a show on PBS called "Jose Made in Spain" which is essentially a cooking show about Spanish food. But it is more than that -a blend of simple culinary recipes and travels throughout Spanish towns - it is hosted by a down-to-earth Spaniard, Jose, who the show is named after.

Just watching the show, and the comraderie of the Spaniards, reminds me why this is still a spot on my "to see list". So maybe first a stop in Chicago and then off to Spain? I think I have the makings of my next vacation.

http://www.josemadeinspain.com/

No comments: